The goal of our ORTHOPEDIC REHABILITATION PROGRAM is to return you home ready to resume an active, productive lifestyle following an orthopedic injury or surgery. Most of our patients return home within one or two weeks.
We serve patients with diagnoses such as:
- Bilateral hip and knee replacements
- Complicated single joint replacements
- Hip resurfacing
- Lower extremity fractures and multiple traumas.
Each patient’s therapy schedule is determined by their individual needs and goals, and are addressed by providing rehabilitation through an interdisciplinary approach that emphasizes communication, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Constraint-induced therapy. An unaffected limb is restrained while you practice moving the affected limb to help improve its function. This therapy is sometimes called forced-use therapy.
- Functional electrical stimulation. Electricity is applied to weakened muscles, causing them to contract. The electrical stimulation may help re-educate your muscles.
- Virtual reality. The use of video games and other computer-based therapies involves interacting with a simulated, real-time environment.
- Alternative medicine with treatments such as massage when clinically indicated.
- Contained Pulsed Lavage System (CPI)-for orthopedic rehab and wound healing